Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dr. Seuss Nursery Room

Today you are you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you! -Dr. Seuss



The Dr. Seuss quilt I made is the perfect addition to the nursery.

I had this dresser but wanted to make it fit with the Dr. Seuss nursery theme. The handles were a perfect match and didn't need to be replaced. I hand painting the fish with acrylic paint. 

A few view of the Nursery with Dr. Seuss Murals.


The final touch... A collection of Dr. Seuss Toys from Kohls.



Dr. Seuss Nursery Theme

I wanted to share some images from our son's Dr Seuss nursery.  When trying to figure out a theme there was no question for us that Dr. Seuss was going to be perfect. I love the playful colors and images and I knew the books would soon be a household favorite.  Have you tried to read them recently? They are tongue twisters to say the least.  My husband and I painted the murals over the course of a few days and the rest of the decor we gathered over a few months.

This has been the perfect theme for our son and with the release of the movie, "The Lorax," he enjoys his room even more.

     Jessie DeCorsey
Fine Arts & Photography
www.jessiedecorsey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment