Sunday, April 1, 2012

Victorian Nursery Theme - Fit For a Princess

“So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!” - J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan: Fairy Tales
I hand painted the border and floral design for a Victorian themed Nursery with inspiration from Disney's Peter Pan.

I painted several images for the large white frame only to change it to fabric!  A great soft touch for the nursery.

I purchased these great lights with large gemstones at Ikea.  It gives off the most enchanting glow when plugged in.

I choose another floral pattern to paint in this beautiful antique frame which brought together the design on the adjacent wall.

A teddy bear that my Great Grandma who recently turned 95 made for me when I was a baby. It's a perfect addition to the theme.

Another sweet touch which goes with the trim and crib set perfectly.


I found this incredible dresser with 4 good sized bins at the Picket Fence Sale in Lindstrom, MN. 

I found this kitchen pots and pan holder at the Picket Fence sale in Lindstrom, MN also.  It makes the perfect crib valance.   

The ribbon Chandelier! I love this! I spent a long time trying to find the right materials for a shabby chic chandelier and it went through a few transformations but I am happy with this.  I used an antique lamp shade which I found at an antique store as the base. I strung a variety of ribbon and lace on it given to me by my great- grandmother and well as my husbands great-grandmother which makes it a great family heritage piece. I added some strings of gemstones to give it a little glamour and shine. 


Victorian Nursery Theme

For this nursery I was inspired by the Disney movie Peter Pan.  I loved Wendy Darling's bedroom with the purple striped walls and heavily drapped fabric around her bed. And perhaps a childhood fantasy of Peter Pan and Tinkerbell coming through my window and taking me to neverland!  After several painting efforts and a few different scenes from the movie, I decided to try and recreate my favorite part of the young Darling's room and leave out the Disney designs. The Victorian theme with lot's of white fabrics, stripes, white borders, and a timeless look with traditional floral designs led me to the perfect nursery.   

     Jessie DeCorsey
Fine Arts & Photography













No comments:

Post a Comment